How to choose bed side table colour?
4. What colour should my bedside table be? – Strictly speaking, a nightstand can be any colour you desire but the colour choice must be made in consideration with the rest of the room decor and colour combinations. A great starting point for making this decision is to look at the colour of your headboard and duvet.
If your bed and bedding are dark in colour then having a light white or silver nightstand will instantly complement the overall look. If your bed and bedding are lighter in colour then this opens up more colour options to you. You can opt for a traditional white or cream bedside table to complement the look or choose a contrasting dark wood or coloured nightstand.
The typical go-to nightstand colour is white as it easily blends in with most decor types. If deciding to choose a dark nightstand then consider the other furniture and furnishing choices in your room to ensure your room doesn’t start to feel too dark.
What is the best position for a bed according to feng shui?
Which direction should a bed face in a bedroom? – The best direction for a bed to face is towards the south. This both helps you to avoid the death position – it is also believed in Feng Shui traditions to help prevent sleep disorders such as insomnia and make you less lethargic in everyday life.
Do bedside tables have to match Feng Shui?
We can’t discuss how to Feng Shui your bedroom without first defining what Feng Shui is. What Is Feng Shui The Chinese word ‘ Feng ‘ translates to mean ‘wind, while the word ‘ Shui ‘ translates to mean ‘water’. While there are several Feng Shui theories, they all include the essential principles of a) the commanding position, b) the Bagua, and c) the five elements. Very briefly –
The Commanding Position is the spot in a room that’s furthest away from the door; however, it must not be in direct line with the door. It should put you on a diagonal, with a clear line of sight to the door.
With other rooms, simply determine the dominant position in that space, then place your stove or desk in diagonal alignment, if at all possible. Note that your bed represents you, the stove represents nourishment and wealth, and your desk represents your career,
A Bagua is the Feng Shui energy map that’s superimposed on the floor plan of your home. The Five Elements are water, metal, earth, wood, and fire. These are used to balance both your home and your Bagua, which is each of your life areas.
It’s essential that your bedroom is a place of relaxation, rest, and romance – and nothing else. We typically spend at least eight hours each day in this space, which means that Feng Shui should be maximized to its fullest potential. Feng Shui is a Chinese philosophy of arranging items in living spaces to create balance with the natural world.
- The idea behind Fen Shui is to establish harmony and harness energy forces.
- So, let’s take a look at how we can create perfect Feng Shui in our bedroom.
- Bed Positioning the Feng Shui Way When we’re asleep we enter a passive ‘yin’ state, which makes us very susceptible to the energy surrounding us.
- Both our conscious and unconscious states are affected by where we lay in the room, which is why it’s so important to get bed placement right.
Your bed should be placed in the ‘commanding’ position, which means it should be facing the door but not be in direct line with it. It should never be lined up so that your feet point out the door. This is what’s referred to as the ‘coffin position’. In addition, your bed should not be placed under a window, which, according to Fen Shui experts, may lead to weakness and sadness. A Bedhead Is Important In Feng Shui, a bedhead represents support and stability in your life, especially your romantic relationships. Upholstered or solid wooden bedheads with soft edges are preferred over bedheads with built-in storage or bedheads with metal bars. De-Clutter What do you have stored under your bed? Be aware that these items affect you while you’re in a passive ‘yin’ state (asleep), and could also create or represent subconscious blocks in your life. Ideally, you will clear out the space under your bed to allow the life force energy (‘qi’) to freely flow and rejuvenate you while you’re asleep. Use Symmetry To Create Balance In Feng Shui, it’s believed that pairs promote harmonious and loving energy, which means you should create a bedroom for two people regardless of whether you have a partner or not. For example, have two similar bedside tables with two similar lamps, two seats, and two pillows.
- They don’t necessarily need to match but they need to complement each other.
- If you do have someone sleeping next to you, this symmetry will promote harmony in your relationship.
- Dividing Your Space Into Zones Mirrors are an obvious and practical addition to any bedroom, but good Feng Shui decorating suggests not placing a mirror in this space.
It’s believed that mirrors reflect energy and disrupt sleep. It also says that a mirror in front of the bed invites a third party into the relationship. However, if you must have a mirror in your bedroom, ensure it faces and reflects something you love looking at. With Feng Shui, the aim is to remove all items that bring active energy (‘yang’) into the space. This could be work-related items, exercise equipment, lots of books, and so on. If your space is limited and these items must be kept in your bedroom, try to separate your sleeping area from these other objects by using a room divider or perhaps place a cover (blanket or tablecloth) over your work desk or exercise equipment.
- This will help turn your space into a restful state.
- The Power Of Positive Décor Décor is very important when trying to maintain a balanced life.
- If you’re looking for love, avoid wall art that features single objects or single people.
- In addition, if romance in the bedroom is in short supply, move your family portraits into another room.
Don’t’ keep objects that remind you of who you used to be in your bedroom. These can have a negative effect on your dreams, your aura, and your emotions and subconscious thoughts. Fire is a vital element of Feng Shui, and using fire through candles is one of the best ways to introduce this element into your space. Candles introduce a warm glow and purify the energy in the room. The Relationship Between Colours and Energy Don’t choose colours for your bedroom simply because you like them.
Feng Shui places a lot of importance on colours because they represent what you need in life. Colours should match the energy mapping (‘Bagua’) of your home. If you would like to attract a partner, go for subdued peaches and pinks, whereas a little red will invite passion into your space. Skin and earth tones are soothing and offer support, while blues with a touch of green promote vitality and rejuvenations.
The colour green in bedrooms should be kept to a minimum, though, because in Feng Shui green represents the wood element, thus detracting from the earth element that’s very important in a bedroom. Only 2 left in stock Only 1 left in stock $ 799.00 or 4 payments of $ 199.75 with Afterpay Only -1 left in stock 4 left in stock Only 0 left in stock $ 1,049.00 or 4 payments of $ 262.25 with Afterpay Only 2 left in stock 14 left in stock $ 1,199.00 or 4 payments of $ 299.75 with Afterpay Only 5 left in stock Only 5 left in stock 24 left in stock $ 499.00 or 4 payments of $ 124.75 with Afterpay Only 4 left in stock $ 899.00 or 4 payments of $ 224.75 with Afterpay 9 left in stock 15 left in stock $ 899.00 or 4 payments of $ 224.75 with Afterpay Only -1 left in stock Only left in stock Only 3 left in stock 25 left in stock
Should bedside tables be symmetrical?
5. Play with Symmetry – Here, two identical Milton Nightstands frame the bed, both complete with matching lamps, although the lamps are placed at different angles, which helps to create intrigue around the space | Designed by Rodolfo Dordoni for © Minotti London Symmetry in the bedroom creates a pleasing visual effect.
- Placing a bedside table of the same height and size on each side of the bed will create a symmetrical arrangement that will help frame the bed itself.
- In order to heighten this symmetrical aesthetic, each night table can be styled and dressed with similar accent pieces.
- For example, this can be easily done by placing a lamp on each bedside table.
Of course, other items can be brought in depending on how symmetrical one wishes the tables to be. The best way to create symmetry with a single night table is to centre all the items on top of it. This may be achieved by using two matching lamps and placing them on both sides of the table, which will create a sense of balance in the room.
Do my side tables need to match?
No, living room end tables do not have to match. In fact, mixing and matching different styles, colors, and materials can add to the visual interest of the room and create a more unique, customized space.