The cities of Flomaton, Alabama and Century, Florida are located directly opposite one another on the other side of the state line that divides Alabama and Florida. Escambia is the name of the county that contains both of these cities. According to the results of the census taken in the year 2000, there were more over 1,500 people living in Flomaton, while Century was home to roughly 1,700 people.
- 1 Where does Florida Georgia meet Alabama?
- 2 Does Alabama touch Florida?
- 3 Is Alabama right next to Florida?
- 4 What’s the closest Florida city to Alabama?
- 5 How far is it from Mobile Alabama to the Florida state line?
- 6 What is the closest Florida beach to Atlanta?
- 7 Is Alabama close to Pensacola Florida?
Where does Florida Georgia meet Alabama?
|Chattahoochee River at Jones Bridge Park in Peachtree Corners, Georgia|
|Map of the Apalachicola River system with the Chattahoochee highlighted in dark blue.|
|State||Georgia, Alabama, Florida|
|Source||near Jacks Knob|
|• location||Blue Ridge Mountains, Chattahoochee National Forest, Georgia|
|• coordinates||34°49′26″N 83°47′28″W / 34.82389°N 83.79111°W|
|• elevation||3,550 ft (1,080 m)|
|• location||confluence with Flint River, near Jim Woodruff Dam|
|• coordinates||30°42′32″N 84°51′50″W / 30.70889°N 84.86389°W Coordinates : 30°42′32″N 84°51′50″W / 30.70889°N 84.86389°W|
|• elevation||75 ft (23 m)|
|Length||430 mi (690 km)|
|Basin size||8,770 sq mi (22,700 km 2 )|
|• average||10,090 cu ft/s (286 m 3 /s)|
|• minimum||0 cu ft/s (0 m 3 /s)|
|• maximum||195,000 cu ft/s (5,500 m 3 /s)|
The Chattahoochee River may be found forming the southern part of the boundary between Alabama and Georgia, in addition to a piece of the border between Florida and Georgia. It is a tributary of the Apalachicola River, which is a relatively short river that is formed by the confluence of the Chattahoochee and Flint rivers and empties from Florida into Apalachicola Bay in the Gulf of Mexico.
The Chattahoochee and Flint rivers are responsible for the formation of the Apalachicola River. The length of the Chattahoochee River is approximately 690 kilometers (430 miles). The Apalachicola–Chattahoochee–Flint River Basin is comprised of the confluence of the Apalachicola River, the Flint River, and the Chattahoochee River ( ACF River Basin ).
The Chattahoochee River is responsible for the majority of the area that is drained by the ACF.
Does Alabama touch Florida?
The state of Florida topographic map A significant portion of the state of Florida is located on a peninsula that is surrounded by three bodies of water: the Gulf of Mexico, the Atlantic Ocean, and the Straits of Florida. It reaches to the northwest into a panhandle that runs along the northern coast of the Gulf of Mexico and spans two different time zones.
- It is bounded to the north by the states of Georgia and Alabama, and to the west, at the end of the panhandle, it shares a boundary with the state of Alabama.
- It is in close proximity to The Bahamas as well as numerous other Caribbean countries, most notably Cuba.
- The state of Florida is home to more than 700 private airports, airstrips, heliports, and seaplane stations in addition to its 131 public airports.
To the east of the Mississippi River, Florida is one of the biggest states, and only Alaska and Michigan have a bigger water area than Florida has. A map of Florida that labels the counties and delineates their boundaries.
Is Alabama right next to Florida?
Alabama is one of the 50 states that make up the United States of America. It is situated in the southeastern region of the country, between the states of Mississippi and Georgia. Along the 35th parallel north, it has a border with Tennessee in the north, and it shares a border with Florida in the south. Additionally, a tiny portion of Alabama’s southern terrain reaches the Gulf of Mexico.
What’s the closest Florida city to Alabama?
Dothan is the biggest city in Alabama and is situated on the Alabama-Florida state line. It is also located in close proximity to the southeastern most point of the state. The population of Dothan was counted as 67,560 during the United States Census in 2009.
- The Alabama–Florida state line may be reached from the central business district of the city in about 15 minutes.
- Madrid, Slocomb, Cottonwood, and Hodgesville are located in Dothan’s southernmost suburbs, and they are the ones that are closest to Florida.
- In addition, Dothan is within twenty minutes’ drive west of the Alabama–Georgia state line.
Dothan is home to both the Dothan Regional Airport and Fort Rucker, a United States Army installation that is located less than a half-hour away from the city.
What is the first city in Florida after Georgia?
Jennings, which is located close to the Georgia state line, is where U.S. Highway 41 first enters Florida. After traveling more than 212 miles to Tampa in the south, it goes on to Naples and then across the state to arrive at Miami in the southeast. From the Georgia Border to Tampa via US41 This roadway was one of the early routes that directed drivers from the American Midwest to Florida.
- It was a major transportation corridor between the two states.
- It passes through several historic locations that, if you stayed on I-75, you would never get the chance to see.
- On this route, you will go through a number of different towns, including those listed below: White Springs, Lake City, High Springs, Williston, Rainbow Springs, Inverness, Floral City, Brooksville, and Tampa are some of the cities that are included in this list.
After entering Florida through the southern route of US-41, the first town that you will reach is JENNINGS. The line that denotes the northern city boundary actually crosses the state line between Georgia and it. There is still one structure that is located up there, and the state border goes through it.
Perhaps it’s this venerable watering hole. Jennings Last Bar Vintage Postcard WHITE SPRINGS is a quaint little village that may be found not too far south of the Georgia state line. In addition to being the location of the annual Florida Folk Festival, it is also home to the Stephen Foster Cultural Center State Park.
To learn more about White Springs, click on the picture. LAKE CITY is a historic town that sits at the intersection of three major highways (US-90, US-441, and US-41) in the United States. Both Interstate 10 and Interstate 75 now pass through the city.
To learn more about Lake City, click on the picture. HIGH SPRINGS is a staging point for kayaking and other types of outdoor sports in addition to being in the middle of several of the notable freshwater springs in the state of Florida. It is located at the crossroads of U.S. Route 41 and U.S. Route 27.
To learn more about High Springs, please click on the image.18 miles to the west of Gainesville is where you’ll find NEWBERRY. It is a very tiny city for its rural location, yet it is home to a significant number of historical structures in addition to some contemporary sporting facilities.
- To learn more about Newberry, click on the picture.
- WILLISTON is located to the southwest of Gainesville and has become the place of residence for a significant number of persons who are employed at the University of Florida or other local industries.
- The town retains much of its historic appeal, including some fascinating ancient buildings.
Williston is discussed further if you click on the image. Just to the north of Dunnellon is where you’ll find RAINBOW SPRINGS, a public park that was formerly a private attraction. It is a wonderful site to go camping and sightseeing because of its location on the Rainbow River.
- To learn more about Rainbow Springs, please click on the image.
- Lake Tsala Apopka is home to the historic town of INVERNESS.
- It is home to the historic Citrus County courthouse as well as a beautiful downtown area that features excellent dining and retail opportunities.
- To learn more about Inverness, click on the picture.
At the southernmost point of the Lake Tsala and Apopka chain is a little, unincorporated village known as FLORAL CITY. It is home to some of the state’s most beautiful tree-lined roadways. To learn more about Floral City, click on the picture. BROOKSVILLE is a historic town with a Southern tradition that is located at the intersection of State Road 50, United States Route 41, and United States Route 98.
- It features a number of historic southern homes that have been conserved.
- To learn more about Brooksville, click on the picture.
- The city of TAMPA is located in the heart of a metropolitan region that has a total population of 2.8 million people.
- Because it was one of the earliest areas in this section of Florida to be colonized, there is a wealth of history to be found there.
To learn more about Tampa, click on the picture. More than 123,638 people have liked our Facebook page because they are interested in learning more about Florida destinations that are less frequented by tourists. These destinations include towns, tourist attractions, maps, lodging, food, festivals, scenic road trips, day trips, history, culture, and more.
Backroads Travel is not related with or approved by Backroads.
What town is in between Georgia and Florida?
Valdosta, Georgia, which is approximately 37 miles from the exact midpoint, is the finest location to meet in between Florida and Georgia. It is also the city that is halfway between the two states. Camps Still, Florida is the municipality that precisely embodies the concept of the midway point.
The zip code 32064 is the one that is located the most directly in the center. The precise coordinates of the location are 30 degrees 24 minutes 31 seconds north and 82 degrees 53 minutes 29 seconds west. Jacksonville, Florida is the closest large city that is approximately in the middle of the trip. Driving from Florida to Georgia covers a total distance of 416 miles, which is equivalent to 669 kilometers.
To meet in the center, it would then be necessary for each individual to travel approximately 208 miles by car. It is estimated that it will take each driver around three hours and twenty-eight minutes to reach the destination. The geographic coordinates of the straight-line midway of a flight are 30 degrees 24 minutes 48 seconds north and 82 degrees 39 minutes 26 seconds west.
How far is Dothan Alabama from the Florida state line?
The distance from Dothan to Cottondale when traveling south is 29.45 miles, and when traveling by automobile via the US-231 Business route, the distance is 31 miles (49.89 kilometers). If you drive without stopping, the distance between Dothan and Cottondale is one hour and 35 minutes.
How far is it from Mobile Alabama to the Florida state line?
|Straight line distance||52.50 mi||84.49 km|
|Driving distance||58 mi||93.94 km|
How far apart are Alabama and Florida?
Distance traveled by car from Alabama to Florida The entire distance traveled by car from Alabama to Florida is 552 miles, which is equivalent to 888 kilometers. The state of Alabama will mark the beginning of your journey. The state of Florida is where it comes to an end.
- Calculating the entire amount of time it will take you to drive from Alabama to Florida is something you should do if you are planning a road trip so that you can determine when you will arrive at your final destination.
- You can also estimate the cost of driving from Alabama to Florida based on the current rates of fuel in the local area as well as the highest possible gas economy for your vehicle.
Because this is going to be a lengthy journey, you should probably plan to make a stop around halfway through and spend the night at a hotel. You can locate the city that is situated exactly in the middle of the distance between Alabama and Florida. Have you considered taking a flight instead? You might be more interested in finding out the distance in a direct line that must be traveled by airplane to get from Alabama to Florida.
How long does it take to drive to Florida to Alabama?
Florida Drive time from Florida to Alabama: Since Florida is located around 733 kilometers distant from Alabama, and if you travel at an average pace of 50 kilometers per hour, you will arrive in Alabama 18 hours and 10 minutes after leaving Florida. The amount of time it takes you to reach Alabama might change based on whether you go by train, bus, or even just the vehicle you choose to utilize.
How far is Orange Beach Alabama from Florida state line?
Orange Beach is located 411 miles away from Florida, the state it is named for.
How far is Orange Beach Alabama from Florida state line?
Orange Beach is located 411 miles away from Florida, the state it is named for.
What is the closest Florida beach to Atlanta?
The beach in Panama City in Florida – Panama City Beach is one of the Florida beaches that is located relatively close to Atlanta. It will take you a little more than five hours in the automobile to get to the Gulf of Mexico, where you will discover warm gulf breezes sweeping along kilometers of beaches with white sand.
Is Alabama close to Pensacola Florida?
Driving from Pensacola, Florida to Alabama covers a distance of 212 miles, which is equivalent to 341 kilometers. Your journey starts at the city of Pensacola in the state of Florida. It arrives to its conclusion in the state of Alabama.
Between Pensacola and Destin, Florida’s Navarre Beach may be found tucked away on the coast of the Gulf of Mexico. It is considered to be a part of Florida’s renowned “Emerald Coast,” which is known for its sugar-white beaches and crystal clear water with a bluish-green hue.
- Restaurants that are part of a chain and tacky beach stores are not something you will find in Navarre.
- You won’t find high rise on top of high rise, nor will you be swarmed by throngs and commercial tourists like other popular vacation destinations.
- You will discover a state of profound relaxation.
- Families that long to get back in touch with one another and entirely disconnect from the craziness of everyday life will find what they’re looking for in Navarre.
This pristine and leisurely beach town has earned the title of “Florida’s Most Resting Place” due to the fact that it provides families with the opportunity to go back to what is important while relaxing on some of the most beautiful beaches in the United States.